Monday, May 17, 2010

2 Simple Steps to Becoming Blog Savvy

I thought I might write a little about blogging as we go, just a few how-to's to get you started. Here are some questions you might have. If you have others, just let me know.

Q. How do I comment?
A. At the end of each post, there is the word COMMENTS. Click on this word to go to the commenting page. Type your comment, question, or reply. Then, there is WORD VERIFICATION: You have to type in those funny looking letters into the word verification box. This is a security feature so random companies and people can't put junk on our blog. Next is USER IDENTITY: You need to click on the Google Account circle and type in your Google username (gmail address) and password. YES, it does have to be a gmail account. Finally, push the orange PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT button, or if you prefer to preview first, click onto PREVIEW. WALAH, YOU DID IT!

Q. How do I sign up for a gmail account so I can publish comments on the blog?
A. Go to www.gmail.com. Click on "Create an Account", and follow the easy steps. Please do this if you don't have a gmail account. We want to hear from you!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am soooooo dekighted to check in on our blogspot! I'm anticipating lots of activity on it, especially with the more technically savvy members. Already browsed the links to other Alliance members.

CarolD said...

Looking forward to more blog posts and getting to know you here!